Instagram is a great way to promote a business, especially if your venture is visual and you want to showcase your work to attract customers. Posting photo and video content has always been a good method to engage with followers; however, it’s often the next step (i.e. the call-to-action) that makes all the difference.
Previously, Instagram offered its users a space for a website link and a bio for adding information about your site, where many businesses popped an email address or phone number. Despite this, the un-clickable nature of these details meant that those customers scrolling through their smartphones and tablets were unlikely to make the jump to contact businesses.
With the new Instagram business settings, you can now add a contact button to your profile. We’ve put together a really easy how-to guide on converting your existing account to a business profile.
1) After opening up the app on your smartphone, select the existing profile you wish to change.
2) Go into settings by clicking the gear icon in the top right-hand corner. Once here, scroll down and select “Switch to Business Profile”.
3) You’ll be asked if you want to link your Facebook page to your Instagram profile; this is particularly effective if your aim is to create a loyal social following across several platforms.
4) Select ‘Log in with Facebook’ and be careful to select the correct page if you are an admin of several different Facebook pages.
5) You’ll then be presented with imported contact information pulled from your Facebook page. Be sure to check and amend this data if it is incorrect or unsuitable, and decide whether these changes also need to be made on your Facebook page afterwards.
6) Arriving back at your main Instagram profile, a contact button should now be present, allowing your customers to get in touch directly from the app.
This new call-to-action feature will certainly benefit businesses if they use the app correctly, meaning that keeping your Instagram gallery interesting, consistent and engaging will be even more powerful in a marketing respect than ever before.
If you need any additional help, or are looking for a team of experts to run your social media activity on your behalf, get in contact with The Penguins!